“Introduction to Agile Project Management” is an online training course that is designed to teach how to apply project management practices in an Agile environment!
The concept of Agile Project Management is very rapidly evolving and will have a significant impact on the project management profession; however, we are in the early stages of that transformation and there is a lot of confusion about what impact it has on project managers. This course will help you unravel a lot of the confusion that exists; develop a totally new perspective to see both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices in a new light as complementary to each other rather than competitive; and learn to develop an adaptive approach to project management to blend those principles and practices together in the right proportions to fit any situation.
- “ This was a terrific course. It helped me to understand concepts of how to apply the appropriate blended predictive/adaptive approach to a project, which is extremely helpful in my work environment. Also the format was very helpful, where reading the written course notes provided, along with listening to the lecture, together helped in gaining/understanding/retaining information.”
- “ Really useful particularly as someone who is a Portfolio Manager and has a combination of Waterfall (a methodology I am comfortable with) and Agile (new to me) initiatives..”
- “ It was an amazing course describing how a PM could change his/her mindset from a traditional PM to an Agile mindset and become a Product Owner. Moreover, i loved the guide on each step of project planning. ”
This course is part of an overall curriculum that is designed around helping students develop the skills required for a high-impact Agile Project Management role. Most students will want to take the complete curriculum rather than individual courses. The complete curriculum should be taken in the following order:
- Agile PM 101 – Learn the Truth About Agile versus Waterfall
- Agile PM 102 – What’s the Future of Agile Project Management?
- Agile PM 201 – Understanding Agile at a Deeper Level
- Agile PM 202 – Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 301 – Mastering Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 401 – Advanced Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 402 – Enterprise-level Agile Project Management