Agile Training for Business Managers
Agile Business Management Training courses are designed to help Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Managers, Business Analysts and Senior Executives learn how to develop a high-impact Agile Project Management approach that is well-integrated with their projects and business environment.
This page contains a summary of the complete Agile Business Management Training curriculum for Business Managers:.
- Agile BM 101 – Hybrid Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 201 – Mastering Agile Business Management
- Agile PM 301 – Enterprise-level Agile Business Management
Why Is This Training Important?
Successful implementation of Agile requires a collaborative relationship between the project team and business managers based on a mutual understanding of the Agile process. This course is designed to help develop that collaborative relationship. It is also designed to help Business Managers and Business Executives understand how to align an enterprise-level Agile implementation with their business.
Many existing courses for business people in an Agile environment such as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are limited to the “mechanics” of how to do Agile. This course goes into much more depth to give business people a very solid and deeper understanding of Agile and Scrum and how to successfully apply it in a business environment. It is basically a condensed version of the very successful seven courses in my Agile Project Management for Project Managers curriculum.
While Agile has huge potential benefits for a business, it’s important to not get carried away with some of the hype that exists about Agile and develop an objective understanding of its benefits and limitations to know how and when to apply it successfully. The right approach is to not necessarily to just implement Agile for the sake of becoming Agile; but figure out how it’s going to help your business and what problems it will solve.
The potential audiences for this curriculum is anyone who needs a solid understanding of how to develop and apply an Agile Project Management approach from a business perspective. That audience includes:
- Agile Product Owners or Product Managers – who need to better understand how to effectively perform the Agile Product Owner role. The Product Owner role in Agile is not well-understood and most of the people who might be selected to perform that role are not well-prepared for what it requires
- Business Analysts – who work in an Agile environment and need to optimize their skills to provide a high level of value in that environment
- Business Sponsors – who want to learn more about Agile Project Management in order to provide more effective leadership for the initiatives that they are responsible for
- Senior-level Executives – who are interested in making their business more agile and want to develop a well-integrated approach to fit an Agile development process to their business
- “Very well done! A refreshingly pragmatic approach which takes the stress out of the thought of turning one’s organization upside down to transform it. A lot of material covered in a little bit of time in a very concise but fulfilling manner.”
- “Chuck Cobb’s presentation Agile Project Management Overview for Executives was informative. I found the course helped reveal misconceptions and stereotypes regarding Agile Project Management. In his instructional course, he helps break down key differences between agile and waterfall project management. He outlines the benefits of agile project management. He once again clearly and concisely communicates in a way that is easy to follow. I look forward to following additional courses in the future.”
- “As a senior project manager that deals with executives and their project management “likes and dislikes” on a daily basis I found this overview spot-on. From lecture 1 through 7 Chuck addresses most of the issues that I quite often experience in getting executive to understand the “symbiotic” relationship between Agile and Plan-driven project management.””This course is for project managers and executives alike, and after completion you’ll have a clear understanding of how Agile and traditional plan-driven approaches can be complementary rather than competitive.”
- ” This was an excellent course, as I was looking to gain knowledge on applying Agile processes at the Enterprise level. I especially liked the sections on project governance, choosing the right approach, developing and implementaton plan, and the case studies.”
Primary Agile Business Management Courses
This curriculum is designed to help develop a collaborative partnership between:
- Business people taking this course and
- Project Managers taking the complete 7-course Agile Project Management curriculum
This course is a condensed version of the 7-course curriculum for Agile Project Managers. There is no need for anyone to take both sets of courses.