How to Prepare for PMI-ACP Certification Course Summary
The “How to Prepare for PMI-ACP Certification” training course will help you to prepare for PMI-ACP certification in a way that will go beyond simply passing the certification exam and prepare you to take on a high-impact, real-world Agile Project Management role!
Why This Training Is Important
The use of Agile methodologies is growing at an incredible rate, the basic way we do traditional plan-driven project management hasn’t changed significantly since the 1950’s and 1960’s and the rate of technology change today is making a pure plan-driven approach very cumbersome and impractical to implement in many real-world situations. That doesn’t mean that traditional plan-driven project methodologies are obsolete and no longer useful; however, within a relatively short amount of time, a project manager who only knows how to use traditional plan-driven methodologies will be at a serious disadvantage in the job market.
That’s a big challenge for many project managers who have been schooled and indoctrinated in a plan-driven project management approach because Agile changes the very nature of how we do project management in many environments. PMI has recognized the importance of this trend and has created the Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) certification to recognize project managers who have developed an understanding of Agile knowledge and skills. The PMI-ACP certification is a step in the right direction and has some fairly rigorous requirements but it doesn’t go far enough in my opinion to address some of the challenges that project managers face in a real-world Agile environment today.
Not a Typical “Exam Prep Course
This course is not a PMI-ACP “exam prep” course. This course is designed to help you develop a plan to go beyond simply passing the PMI-ACP exam, develop a clear understanding of the potential career paths for an Agile Project Manager, and prepare yourself for a high-impact Agile Project Management role in addition to achieving PMI-ACP certification. Understanding this real-world perspective will not only help to prepare you for a real world role, it will also make the information required for the PMI-ACP exam much more meaningful and easier to retain and it will also make you a much stronger project manager!
How to Prepare for PMI-ACP Certification Course Outline
- Introduction and Course Overview
- PMI-ACP Certification Requirements and Exam Overview
- PMI-ACP Agile Project Management Domains of Knowledge
- PMI-ACP Tools and Techniques
- PMI-ACP Knowledge and Skill Areas
- Final Tips for PMI-ACP Exam Preparation
How to Prepare for PMI-ACP Certification Student Reviews
- “This course does an excellent job of breaking down the PMI-ACP Certification requirements and exam. The content is for the latest version (2015), so it is very relevant…Overall, another excellent Agile Project Management course by Chuck Cobb.”
- “High level motivational!”
- “Certification comparison was great help”
- “Well done. Really liked the quizzes where business situations were spelled out and then student was asked to choose the correct way to solve the problem.”
- “This course is an excellent summary of all the prior courses along with aligning it to the PMI ACP point of view. “
- ” I like easiness of access to information that this course provides.”
This course is NOT intended to be taken as a standalone course.
It is designed to supplement the seven courses in the primary Agile Project Management curriculum shown below. It contains links to cross-reference the PMI-ACP certification requirements to material in the seven primary courses:
- Agile PM 101 – Learn the Truth About Agile versus Waterfall
- Agile PM 102 – What’s the Future of Agile Project Management?
- Agile PM 201 – Understanding Agile at a Deeper Level
- Agile PM 202 – Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 301 – Mastering Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 401 – Advanced Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 402 – Enterprise-level Agile Project Management
(Agile PM Academy)
|Take this course for $29 (Save $166)|
|Take this course for $29 (Save $166)|